Academic Knowledge Meets Real-World Experience
“An internship is a form of learning that combines the knowledge and theory learned in the classroom with a real-world setting.”
River City believes that real learning comes from real world experiences. In our internship program, River City provides experiential learning opportunities that integrate the knowledge and theory learned in the classroom with practical application and skills development in a professional setting. We welcome and work with students of all ages from all walks of life. Providing internship programs allows allows River City the opportunity to evaluate and guide talent while students are given the opportunities to learn how to be human service professionals.
Intern positions include the following minimum qualifications:
– Attending an accredited institution and enrolled in classes on campus or online
– 4th year undergraduate or 1st/2nd year graduate student
– Minimum of six months of in-field experience
– Minimum GPA of 2.5
– Access to personal and reliable vehicular transportation and insurance
– Access to personal laptop with wireless capability
– Must be able to complete all background checks and necessary paperwork, certifications and training
*All interns must be willing to participate in direct service activities to be eligible.
To apply for a summer internship, submit a completed web form along with your résumé, cover letter, unofficial transcript and the contact information for 2-3 professional or academic references to the Training and Professional Development Coordinator. Your cover letter should include three areas of interest and how an internship at River City will impact your future career and/or academic goals.
Official transcripts, letters of recommendation or other supplemental materials may be emailed to the Training and Professional Development Coordinator or mailed to River City:
Attn: Mary Culp
River City CCS
13100 Mountain Road
Glen Allen, VA 23059